The Image Gallery of BAO.
All images are (c) 1990,1992,93,94,95,96,97,98 by BAO.
Get a permission before you use them in public.
These images only represent a very small fraction of what we have made.
Mention any Sb or Sc galaxy larger than 4 arc minutes, and there is
a good chance that we have a picture of it!
Latest images from the PICTOR 416 camera
- "First Light" - a 0.004 sec. exposure in prime focus of our 8"
Newtonian telescope of the gibbous moon (July 16th, 1997)
- Another section of the moon.
- The "Dumbbell Nebula", M27. Exposure time = 120 sec.
- The globular cluster M13. Exposure time = 120 sec.
- M51 (Jan 31st, 1998). Exposure = 300 seconds.
- A mosaic of M51. Taken with the 8" f/6 and Lynxx CCD camera.
- A mosaic of M27. 28th july 1995, other data as for M51.
- M64 (Blackeye Galaxy), 21st april 1995. 15 min. exp
- M66. Same data as M51 (although not a mosaic).
- M97, the Owl Nebula.
- M100, 09th april 1995. 20 min. exp. with CCD autoguider.
- NGC 891. 20 min exp with CCD autoguider.
- NGC 2903. 20 min exp with CCD autoguider.
- NGC 3184, a nice face-on spiral galaxy in Ursa Major.
January 31st, 1997.
- NGC 3521. 29. march 1995. 20 min exp with CCD autoguider.
Deconvolved using the Richardson-Lucy algorithm
- NGC 3628, 09. april 1995. Mosaic of 2 x 15 min. exp. with CCD autoguider.
- NGC 5921, 09. april 1995. 15 min. exp. with CCD autoguider.
- NGC 6819, a beautiful open cluster in the constellation of Cygnus.
Taken Sep 7th, 1996.
- Comet Hyakutake. Reproduced from a colour diapositive. This picture
was taken piggy-back on the
Brorfelde 25cm telescope by members of BAO.
Last updated: Feb 3rd, 1998 by
To the BAO Homepage